To change the way dementia patients are treated and viewed by allowing family to continue to care for their loved ones in a safe and natural environment.
- To provide a secure and safe dementia care facility. Each family living in an apartment with common areas for eating, cooking and socializing with other families living in the complex.
- To allow a family member, friend or partner to be the caregiver.
- To provide support to the caregiver in the form of education, time off and teamwork.
- To exercise to their ability on a daily basis to keep the resident and caregiver active and healthy.
- To provide education on the disease to better manage the progress and behaviors associated with dementia.
- To encourage the family to stay together throughout the progress of the disease.
- To involve the community in the project in the form of donations and physical help in the day-to-day operation of the facility.
- To form a committee of professionals to oversee and monitor the facility.
- To eliminate the need for psychotropic drugs.
- To clone this facility all over the country.
“Changing the way we view and treat dementia.”