Forget Me Not Family Care Home Village
Forget Me Not Family Care Home Village was born out of the idea of changing the way we treat Alzheimer’s and dementia patients.
Pamela Speta’s motivation stems from her husband Richard, who had Alzheimer’s for several years.
Her vision is to have a safe haven for families that will allow spouses to live with the residents. This has never been done before in the United States.
This multi-building complex will accommodate all stages of dementia.
- Family Care Home Village that is as dementia safe as possible for the purpose of allowing family members or friends to care for their loved one in a safe environment with the support of other families facing the same challenges.
- Memory Town that is designed to invoke memories and activities for the dementia patient, family and community.
- Care Home for patients that do not have someone to care physically for them.
- Single Family Homes will be constructed for those that would like to be near others for help and guidance but do not need additional care.
Forget Me Not Family Care Memory Town
The Memory Town will have the feeling of a rural community. The building will include:
- Kitchen – just like home with a section for ‘child care’
- Soda Shop with Juke box and an area to dance
- Movie theater for classic movies and TV shows
- Craft room
- Doctor’s office
- Barber/Beauty Shop
- Chapel for Sunday services and reflection
- Virtual Room
- Adult Playground
Forget Me Not Family Care Home
The Care Home is where families live with their loved one who has dementia or Alzheimer’s. It will be a safe environment and training on caring for dementia patients will be available.
Pamela wants the community to be involved in the project.
I want everyone to see how we can change the way we treat the disease and how quality of life and family core can still be maintained while going through the process.
Non-profit status has been received. She is seeking contributions, so check out the list and see how you can get involved.
Forget Me Not Family Care Home Compared to Other Facilities: